DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
This is clerical work involving responsibility for attending meetings, recording and typing minutes, conducting correspondence and maintaining files of the Planning Board. Work is part time and performed under the general supervision of the Planning Board Chairperson and the Director of Planning. Supervision of others is not normally a responsibility of the position.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
1. Records, summarizes and types minutes of Planning Board meetings;
2. Attends at least one nightly Planning Board meeting a month;
3. Conducts correspondence/agenda for Planning Board;
4. Schedules hearings and notifies appropriate individuals/agencies;
5. Places legal notices in newspapers when required;
6. Answer telephone calls concerning planning matters, discusses procedures with
applicants and maintains liaison with other departments;
7. Track project escrow and preparation of vouchers;
8. Does related work as required.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Good knowledge of the policies, practices and procedures of the municipal planning board, good knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling; ability to take accurate and complete notes; ability to summarize notes and organize into appropriate format; ability to type accurately; ability to keep detailed records; ability to work independently; dependability; tact; courtesy; proficiency in Microsoft software, word; excel and pdfs
The Planning Board meets on the second Wednesday of every month starting at 7:30 pm. The meetings generally last for 2-3 hours. The Planning Board Secretary is expected to have definite office hours on Tuesday/Wednesday and Fridays to perform the necessary tasks. Compensation is budgeted at $25,000/year.
Please submit an online application, letter of interest, and resume to the Office of Supervisor:
Kim DeLucia Executive Assistant
TOWN OF SOMERS
335 ROUTE 202 SOMERS, NY 10589