NPV is seeking a full-time Senior Planner for our growing Hudson Valley Office, located in Suffern, NY. We represent numerous municipal and private clients in Rockland, Orange, Ulster, Sullivan, Dutchess and Westchester counties. Our Hudson Valley office supports the professional team in our Melville, Long Island office. Minimum requirements include a master’s degree in planning or related field and at least 6 years of professional planning experience or a bachelor’s degree in planning and at least 8 years of professional planning experience. AICP Certification is preferred. We are looking for a self-motivated and energetic individual with excellent communication skills.
– Manage planning and zoning studies and projects and oversee junior level planners and support staff, project scheduling; prepare document and graphics.
– Review development applications (site and subdivision plans, special use permits), SEQRA compliance, report preparation, and attend evening board meetings as staff planner for municipal clients within our region.
– SEQRA document preparation, including EISs, for public and private clients.
– Advanced knowledge and experience in the principles, practices & techniques of environmental and land use planning, and a working knowledge of New York State land use and environmental regulations. Candidate may have proficiency in related field including urban design, ecology, hydrology, geology, geography or similar field.
– Excellent writing and public speaking skills.
– Excellent interpersonal skills.
– Ability to manage projects effectively and efficiently and meet deadlines and budgets.
Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Adobe Acrobat required. Familiarity with ESRI GIS a plus.
Please send an email to the management team at email@example.com. In your response, please include your resume, letter of interest including salary history/requirements, and at least one technical writing sample.