The New York Planning Federation (NYPF) is seeking a part-time Executive Director who will be responsible for the overall leadership and management of a membership based, non-profit, educational organization with offices located in Albany, NY in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
The position will be a hybrid working position requiring approximately 20 flexible hours weekly spent working between the NYPF office and working remotely. Primary responsibilities include:
- Supervision and implementation of regional training workshops located throughout NYS including but not exclusive to an annual conference.
- Managing the NYPF office, fielding phone calls and requests from Members, and overseeing the work of 3-4 NYPF Staff (including recruiting, performance review and promotion).
- Financial oversight of the NYPF accounts receivable and payable.
- Being the primary ambassador of the NYPF; representing the NYPF at public, private or NYPF Member events.
- Overseeing training programs, technical publications and coordinating/authoring articles for the NYPF newsletter, “Planning News”.
- Planning training for individual communities and regions within their communities.
- Preparing for and attending all NYPF Board Meetings, and providing leadership in developing programs; its organizational and financial plans with the Board and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the Board
- Organizing an annual conference, including: negotiating with/securing the venue, developing sessions, preparing conference materials, and registering for CM, CLE, Code Enforcement continuing education credits; and
- Maintaining a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in land use, planning, zoning laws, code enforcement and environmental policy in New York State.
The ideal candidate will possess a Master’s Degree and AICP certification from the American Institute of Certified Planners and has a working knowledge of planning, specifically municipal planning, past or current involvement with a municipal planning/zoning board, marketing experience and non-for-profit experience.