Candidates please click on the link below to apply to this position:
Chazen, a LaBella Company’s is searching for a highly capable individual to work in the Planning Group on Community Planning projects as a Planner. This position will support our growing community planning practice. Our work includes community revitalization planning, bike/pedestrian planning, TOD/urban design and placemaking, SEQRA support, and watershed/natural resource planning assignments.
We are a multidisciplinary firm and our planning team works in partnership with landscape architects, engineers, environmental specialists, and survey teams. We are currently working on transformative projects including complete street plans, local/regional trail/recreation plans, green infrastructure initiatives, and brownfield/waterfront plans. We also provide to municipalities in administering the land use approval process. You should have the ability to work independently and collaboratively, have a keen understanding of the planning and design process and understand data gathering/research and interpret demographic and economic data.
Planners at the Chazen, a LaBella Company have diverse assignments and responsibilities supporting our community and environmental planning practice areas as well as provide technical support to our municipal and land development service lines. We are looking for a planner who can write, possess graphic communication skills, works with GIS, has a strong technical aptitude, intuitive and wants to crush it!
This position will likely be based out of our Glens Falls, NY office with occasional travel.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
• Technical research and writing, document preparation and publication.
• Planning and completing all aspects of public engagement: community surveys, stakeholder interviews, website setup, and community meetings.
• Preparing form-based codes, design guidelines, and zoning regulations.
• Preparing and implementing redevelopment strategies for small towns, hamlets, and downtowns.
• Preparation and review of land use applications (zoning analysis, special permit applications, variances, site plan applications), conducting environmental review (SEQRA/NEPA), including preparation of Environmental Impact Statements.
• Knowledge of local, State and Federal regulatory permitting process and environmental
impact/technical analysis methods is required.